In this blog we’ll talk about Singapore Airlines Baggage Policy, that depends on your class of ticket, destination and your membership status. If you’re KrisFlyer, KrisFlyer Elite Gold & PPS Member you can enjoy an exclusive extra baggage allowance. For the carry-on items, passengers are allowed to carry one personal item in hand of size 115cm/45in & one regular carry-on bag of 7 kg of dimension 40cm x 30cm x 10cm, including wheels. For all the details, it’s best to check the official Singapore Airlines website or give their customer service a call using the numbers provided in this blog here: +1 877 335 8488 (OTA) or +65 6407 5332 (Singapore hotline).
Detailed comprehension of Singapore Airline Baggage Policy
If you’re wondering about the Singapore Airlines Baggage Allowance, we’ve got you covered at Airnsky. As for checked bags, the allowance may vary based on your class of ticket and destination. If you have KrisFlyer, KrisFlyer Elite Gold & PPS Membership, you can enjoy all exclusive benefits as well as extra baggage allowance .
In general, if you’re in economy class, you’re allowed to carry one personal item in your hand that can fit into the cabin or the upper compartment that is above your seat and one carry-on bag of weight 7 kg or 15.4 lbs. While for the business class passengers, it is allowed to carry 2 pieces of in-hand carry-ons. You should know that if your baggage exceeds the limit, there could be extra charges that can put a dent on your wallet.
Economy Class Baggage Allowance with Singapore Airlines
Singapore Airlines Passengers who are flying in economy class, it becomes very important for them to know the Singapore Airlines Baggage Allowance Economy policy. This includes the policies for carry-on items and checked baggage, as well as any extra charges applied for overweight luggage.
- Passengers can bring one personal item, like a handbag or laptop bag or a briefcase that can fit into the cabin or the compartment above their seat.
- Also, one standard carry-on bag of 7 kg with dimensions of 40cm x 30cm x 10cm (length + width + depth) .
- The size limits for carry-ons can may vary depending on where your destination and the type of ticket you have.
- If your bag is exceeding the permitted limit by the Singapore Airlines or you are having more than one luggage to carry, you might face additional charges.
- Passengers with KrisFlyer, KrisFlyer Elite Gold & PPS Membership can enjoy extra-off on charges on the luggage.
- Baggage rules may differ for passengers travelling internationally.
- Check the airline’s website or contact customer service for your concerns regarding the baggage policy
Allocated Baggage Allowance on Singapore Airlines Baggage Policy
Some essential information on Singapore Airlines Baggage Allowance Policy International guideline which includes Weight Limits, Dimensions, and Restricted Items:
- For the international economy, Singapore upgrade chart passengers are allowed to carry One-piece of Cabin luggage for free and one standard carry-on bag weighing not more than 7 kg (15.4 lbs) as specified by Singapore Airlines.
- Passengers are allowed to bring an additional 44 lb/20 kg of baggage to all destinations except USA and Canada.
- For Suits, First & Business class passengers, it is allowed to carry two pieces of Cabin luggage for free. Exceeding these limits can result in additional charges.
- Carry-on bags should not be more than the maximum dimensions that are 40cm x 30cm x 10cm (15.7in x 11.8in x 3.9in) including (height + length + width), if it is bigger than that, you will have to spend some extra dollars.
- Items like flammable materials, sharp objects, and certain liquids are restricted from carrying it on the flight. These are not allowed in your carry-on or checked baggage.
- Understand and comply with customs regulations regarding the items you’re carrying. This can save you time and potential fines at your international destination.
- If you’re carrying valuables make sure you have the necessary documentation or insurance for them in case of any mishaps like theft or damage to the possession.
Baggage Size & Carry-on details with Singapore Airlines
The guidelines regarding Singapore Airlines Baggage Size & Carry On items passengers are allowed to bring on while boarding flight are mentioned below. Here are Six essential points to know:
- Singapore Airlines typically allows passengers to bring one personal item (like a purse or laptop bag) that can fit into the cabin compartment & one standard carry bag.
- Make sure that the standard carry-on bag is not more than the maximum dimensions of 40cm x 30cm x 10cm and weighs 7 kg or 15.4 lbs.
- For Suite, First & Business class, the permitted weight limit is 7 kg but you can bring 2 piece carry-on bags each.
- Avoid packing prohibited items, such as sharp objects or flammable substances, in your carry-on bags.
- It’s advised to keep valuable items, travel documents, medications, and essentials like passports and wallets in your personal item for easy access during the flight.
- Place your carry-on items in the overhead compartments or under the seat in front of you.
- Passengers with specific medical or accessibility needs may be allowed additional carry-on items, notify Singapore Airlines in advance to make necessary arrangements.
Comprehending Singapore Airlines Baggage Size & Weight Limits
Provided below is a detailed overview of Singapore Airlines Baggage Size limits allowed to bring on board for Economy, Business class and Passengers flying internationally further information or queries click.
- For economy class, the permitted baggage weight and dimensions are one personal item of 15cm/45in and one standard carry-on bag of 40cm x 30cm x 10cm (length + width + depth) and weighs 7 kg.
- For business class, the permitted baggage weight and dimensions are 2 pieces of in-hand carry-on items and two luggage weighing 7 kg or 15.4 lbs each.
- For passengers flying with economy class internationally except USA & Canada, Singapore Airlines allows carrying 2 luggage bags of dimension 158cm (62 inches) weight not more than 15.4 lbs.
- Infants have a free of charge 6 kg of baggage and additional 7 kg or 15.4 lbs of amenities allowance by the Singapore Airlines.
Budget Strategies for Singapore Airlines Baggage Fees
Understanding the charges associated with Singapore Airlines Baggage Fees while checking in your luggage. Here are the major key factors you should be aware of:
- If your bag is heavier than the permitted limit for domestic flights, it can cost you around $8 to $110 for each kilogram that’s extra.
- If you are flying internationally and your baggage weight is extra than the permitted limit then, a fixed cost on piece-concept trips, ranging from $100 USD to $225 USD per overweight baggage.
- For the Krisflyer Elite Gold Members extra 44 lb/20 kg of baggage weight are allowed to all destinations except USA and Canada.
- PPS Club Members are allowed 100% extra free allowance.
- If you have more bags than the permitted allowance or your baggage exceeds the weight or linear restrictions, you will be charged additional fine.
Tracking Your Baggage with Singapore Airlines
If your baggage is delayed or goes missing due to unforeseen circumstances, while flying with Singapore Airlines. You are confused and not sure of what to do in this situation, don’t worry! We at Airnsky have your back. Read this guide on how to do Singapore Airlines Baggage Tracking.
- Go to official website of Singapore Airlines
- Or you can open the Singapore Airlines mobile app.
- Log in to your account.
- Enter your designated reference number (PNR) along with your last name.
- Go to the Baggage Claim section.
- Add the receipt number of your baggage along with all the details in the online form. Click on the submit button.
- You will receive a confirmation via email, keep the claim number for future tracking purposes.
Locating Your Items: Using Singapore Airlines’ Baggage Tracker
When facing a situation of missing baggage, report it to Singapore Airlines Baggage Tracking department and provide a detailed description. You’ll receive a Property Irregularity Report (PIR) for reference, and you can track its status using the PIR.
- You can visit Singapore Airlines official website or mobile app.
- Go to the baggage section to track your luggage.
- Enter the baggage receipt number you got online via email or in printed form at the airport.
- Submit it and you track your luggage status.
- After reporting, you will receive a Property Irregularity Report (PIR) with a unique reference number. Keep this number with you for future reference.
- Utilize the Singapore Airlines Baggage Tracker to monitor the status of your missing baggage using the PIR reference number.
- Singapore Airlines will provide regular updates on the progress of locating your baggage.
- If you have any additional information or need further assistance, contact Singapore Airlines customer support team.
Q: What is SingaporeAirlines baggage policy regarding weight and dimensions?
Singapore Airlines allows one checked bag with a maximum weight as follows:
- One in-hand carry bag that can fit into cabin compartment
- 7 kg (15.4 lbs) for Economy Class
- 7 kg (15.4 lbs) for Business Class, 2 pieces each.
Dimensions should not exceed 158 cm (62 inches) in total including (length + width + height).
Q: What should I do if my baggage goes missing during my flight with Singapore Airlines?
In the event of missing baggage,you should do the following:
- Report it to Singapore Airlines baggage services immediately.
- Provide a detailed description and you’ll receive a Property Irregularity Report (PIR) for reference.
- Use the PIR to track your baggage.
Q: How do I claim my baggage with Singapore Airlines?
Visit the baggage claim area at the airport and present your boarding pass, baggage tag, and any relevant documentation. You can also claim your baggage online.
Q: Is there a dedicated lost and found service at the airport for Singapore Airlines passengers?
Yes, Singapore Airlines provides a dedicated Lost and Found service at the airport to assist in locating and recovering misplaced belongings of the passengers.
Q: How can I pre-pay for excess baggage?
You can pre-pay for excess baggage through the Singapore Airlines official website or mobile app.
- Simply log in to your booking
- Navigate to the ‘Manage Booking’ section
- Select the option for adding extra baggage
In summary, knowing the rules for carrying luggage is really important when you’re travelling. If your luggage goes missing or is delayed, informing the airline right away is the key. In case your luggage is delayed or lost, Singapore Airlines is obligated to pay the compensation fee. Being informed about all these things helps you act at the moment, in case anything unexpected happens. For further information or queries call at: +1 877 335 8488 (OTA) +65 6407 5332 (Singapore hotline).